Thursday, 1 September 2016

A Card with Family Values.....

Hi All
Sorry its been awhile.  I am finding this working lark, crafting and blogging quite a challenge.  Unfortunately the work has been winning lately thus the lack of posts, well that combined with the fact that my husband has been out of work for the last three months.  As he is about to start his new job as a trainee teacher  I am hoping that i will get a bit more crafting done, and thus a bit more blogging.  Anyway enough of my ramblings here is the latest project for The Artistic Stamper this months challenge is Monochrome.




I started with a piece of black chalkboard card, which just happened to be the only piece of black card i could find! And Stamped the two small stamps from the Family Values A5 plate in white distress ink.  It was quite bright on the black so i took a baby wipe and wiped it off above is what was left behind (one of those happy accidents)

Then i took a selection of The Artistic Stamper Masks and added White Linen Dylusions paint with a sponge through the masks to build up a background and added a couple of pieces of washi tape.

I stamped the main image from the plate using Black Soot Distress Ink and embossed the image so that it gave it a nice clear image and mounted the stamped image onto a piece of black paper, and matt and layered a couple more layers and then placed it onto the background. Then mounted the background with the image onto a white card.  Simple but i thought it was quite effective.  Let me know what you think.  I do read all of your responses.  I shall look forward to seeing all of your entries onto the challenge blog and onto the Facebook page.

Thanks for checking by
Debs
xx