I know its a bit late but Happy New Year to you all. I haven't been great for the last 6 months or so but hopefully by the end of this week, things should be moving in the right direction and I will hopefully be able to concentrate and think about things a tad more clearly!! Which hopefully will mean more projects made and consequently more material for me to post. I also hoping to start a You Tube Channel. So watch this space and if anybody fancies watching me do a video and there is something in particular you would like to see do let me know.
This week has been a bit of a busy one and i have to say has been tough going at times especially when your brain just will not work properly lol!! With an idea for a canvas in my head, a post for The Artistic Stamper to do and my nephews birthday. Now sometimes things like these can be made as one, but this time I had three ideas sort of formulating. The canvas is still ongoing but watch this space it will appear. The Artistic Stamper post well that went live Friday night, it should have been this morning but hey we all make mistakes lol
So here is my nephews birthday card
I started off with a tag and Tim Holtz brick mask and a piece of torn off paper, I did actually cut a tag using the Tim Holtz Tag die to save trying to get it to fit and then just tore it down and across. I put some grunge paste through the mask before attaching the paper so that it gives the illusion of coming out from underneath the paper
At this point i was also trying to do my project for The Artistic Stamper and was flitting from one to the other taking photos of everything or so i thought! I also added some Ranger clear texture paste through the Burlap Tim Holtz mask and then once dry I sprayed with Distress Stain Sprays in Tea Die, Shabby Shutters and Bone China. Coloured a chipboard element with the same colours but only in paint and stamped onto some light brown tissue paper stamped an Indigo blu eye and some cogs and adhered these to the tags with gel medium
I also added some ground espresso distress ink around the edges and ever so lightly the top of the chippie to tone it all down and just make it that tad more masculine.
I also added a coin and metal brad in the top corner. The coin had already been painted and so blended in beautifully I added some fibres to the top and got out my trusty and printed 17 today and stuck it down the side.
I have a large stash of papers which nowadays i rarely use so this year i have promised myself to try and use them as much as possible instead of keeping them all nice and pristine, its lovely being able to stroke them but you bought them to use (oops did i say that lol) Found a nice piece of Kaisercraft paper and cut it to size added some ground espresso to take away the whiteness and added it all to a card
Well thanks for popping by and as always do let me know what you think, I do read your comments and aim to reply to all of them.
Take care and happy crafting