Monday, 23 February 2015

Take A Technique - Stencilling - My entry for the Craft Stamper Take It Make It Challenge

Hi Everyone, hope the wind isn't too high where you are, it's getting quite noisy here in Sunny Kent!! Here is my entry into this months Craft Stamper Take it Make it Challenge.  I had great fun making this card.  It was one of those projects that takes off from the minute I picked up the brayer!! Not always the case lol!!  

The background was brayered with PaperArtsy Fresco Finish paints in Tangerine Twist and Banana from the new Eclectica limited edition set. I then stencilled over the top of the paint with various Crafters Workshop stencils, I used mini Art is, mini harlequin, mini honeycomb, and mini alphabet soup, with Walnut Stain, distress ink.  The large tag was stencilled using the same stencils and just using Walnut Stain distress ink for the whole tag, just increasing the density by adding extra stencilled layers.  For the smaller tags I  just used mini harlequin, mainly due to the limited space

Here is a close up of the large tag.  The stamps are Tim Holtz as are the clock and enjoy the journey die cuts.  The enjoy is from the Spellbinders Victorian range.

Thanks for looking and as always do let me know what you think.


Wednesday, 11 February 2015

Take one shoe box........ And some Tim Holtz distress sprays!

Hi everyone, well as promised here are some photos in a step by step process of how I got to my Paperartsy entry on Sunday.

Take one shoebox and cover with gesso, this gives you a nice tooth (something for paint to grip) I used two coats.

You can't see from this photo but I cut some lengths of dry wall tape and stuck them onto the box after the first layer of gesso. Meant to do it first but forgot!

I the. Selected a range of stencils I used Crafters workshop Mini Art is.., Mini Harlequin and two small ones which I have forgotten the name of but will look them out and let you know later what they are.

I then die cut some grunge paper and basically just stuck to good old Tim Holtz.  I used mini tattered florals, haberdashery, weathered clock, and imagine which is a movers and shapers die.  The flourish and the hinge were some pre cut grunge paper (Mr Holtz of course) and played around with the arrangement.  I then covered all of the different die cuts in gesso and stuck them onto the box.

Once everything was stuck and gesso'd and the gesso was completely dry, out came the Tim Holtz distress sprays, I used Antique Linen, Broken China and Tea Dye, I also used Dylusions Chocolate.  Allowing each cost to dry before carrying on with the last.  Then out came the H2o's, these are little pots of watercolour paint that shimmer, I haven't used them in quite a while and had forgotten how wonderful they were to use.  I added to the box a butterfly I had created with my melt pot and a small frame out of paper clay.  I had a delve through my stamps and found a tiny fern leaf which fitted inside quite nicely.  And then out came my four pots of Treasured of Gold.  I used Classic, a Sapphire, Silver and Onyxite.  The box has withheld all of this hasn't buckled at all.  I had a couple of dents on the corners, which look really fab now they are covered in treasure gold ;-)

Here is a couple of close ups

Well thanks for looking and always please do leave comments it's lovely to hear your views.


Tuesday, 10 February 2015

Chocolate Baroque Challenge 7

Today I finally had time to play with my new stamp from Chocolate Baroque, I decided to try out their first AYOS (a year of stamps). Having checked out the colours in this months challenge I dug out my distress stains, I really don't use them enough!!  Some waxed tissue, some card for stamping on.
Here it is

I used fired brick, walnut stain, peeled paint and antique linen distress stains.  I swiped the stains across the card and then spritzed it all with water and sat back and let the stains do their thing!!  Then stamped over with the January stamp and archival ink!  I trimmed the card around the border and then used the off cuts to back it.  The backing paper is wax tissue.  I brayered the paper with a mix of distress paints and stains and added in a bit of mustard seed as the antique linen wasn't showing up very well.  I brayered the edge of a white card with mustard seed distress paint.  The sentiment is from Chocolate Baroque.

Hope you like it!


Sunday, 8 February 2015

PaperArtsy Challenge #2 Shiny Stuff and a next shoe box!!

Here is my entry into the PaperArtsy challenge #2 Shiny stuff.  I have used an old next shoe box!  I started by covering the box in gesso.  Popped some grunge paste through several different stencils, added some dry wall tape. Then added Tim Holtz inks sprays.  Added some grunge paper die cuts, a melt art butterfly and a paper clay picture frame, coated all of that with more gesso then painted with twinkling H2O's and topped it all of with my full selection of wonderful Treasured Gold.  Sapphire, Silver, Onyxite and Classic. Bit of a late entry as have had a week full of interruptions. But more of that later with more pics in how this came to be!!

Thanks for looking


Tuesday, 3 February 2015

What a lovely surprise I had this morning, was having a flick through my Facebook newsfeed this morning, and as I scrolled through a little something caught my eye, I did a double take!  Yes I really wasn't seeing things that was my journal page I had just seen and It really was true I had won the Artistic Stamper Monthly Challenge.  I am extremely chuffed and looking forward to popping up to The Artistic Stamper over the next couple of days to collect my prize -  oooh can't wait - just hope the weather doesn't get worse :-).

Must go as I still have a paperartsy challenge and a journal calendar challenge to finish will post one they are both finished.  Thanks for checking in.

Take Care