Sunday, 22 November 2015

My latest little creation

Hi All

Me again, I know i am a bit like a London bus today you don't see me for ages then two come at once lol!  Lots going on over here in Smith towers but lets not get into that its quite boring lol!

So here is my latest creation, i had just taken possession of the latest release Distress colour - Lucky Clover and whilst i was testing it out to see how the colour came out i had this thought.  The thought was that maybe whilst trying to get the colour for Cracked Pistachio, maybe, just maybe Tim and the Ranger gang also came across Lucky Clover!  So i thought why not put the two together and create and ombre effect.  Here is what I came up with



Here is a quick step by step  I would like to point out that i did actually try to video this canvas however trying to paint one handed whilst trying to video at the same time is not really that simple lol!  Think i will add a tripod to my Christmas list ;-)

Firstly i painted cracked Pistachio with a dry brush up to about 3/4 of the canvas

 Then added the Lucky Clover paint in the same way blending as the two met

 I drew some flowers with a pencil got a bit carried away with excitement and gesso'd over the top before i could take a pic - duh!!

 I went around the edges of the pencil lines with Black Soot Distress Paint and a very thin detailer brush and then painted the petals in abandoned coral

 Where i had changed my mind on the size of the biggest flower i repainted over the gesso with both greens again to cover

Next out came the Grunge Paste and some white paint through some crafter workshop stencils.  There were a few white bits showing through where the stencil and been as you can see from this photo


So I waited until they were dry and then went over them with the relevant green and a fine brush added a chipboard phrase these from Scrapiniec and are wonderfully delicate.  I love this phrase and wish i had ordered more although I am sure i will be placing further orders with them lol!!  To finish i added some white dots to the centre of the flowers using a white sharpie paint pen and a dotty stencil.

As always do let me know your thoughts. I do love to hear from you.
Take care and happy crafting
Debs
xx