Wednesday, 7 October 2015

Art, Vision, Enjoy the Journey - a Journal Page

Good evening everyone

I trust everyone is well and managing to find some time to craft.  I recently signed up to a Facebook Journal Challenge group called Fall In Love with Art Journaling - Fall Challenge.  This started on 1st of october with our first challenge and the aim for me is to do each challenge before the next one comes out.  There are two a week so this could be fun but so far so good.  The second challenge was to create a page using fabric.  Now this is a bit outside of my comfort zone so a good challenge to push those creative boundaries!!  I have had some hessian for a while and decided that i would use that as my starting point.  My first thought was do some stamping onto it and then to use it as die cuts and then it came to me - cover the page with it - use it as a canvas!  So thats just what i did!

Cut a piece of hessian (for any overseas visitors this is burlap) to fit my journal page.  Stuck it down with glue i used cosmic glue which does stick pretty much most things and it certainly worked on the material.  Once it was stuck i covered it with a coat of gesso and then got out my Paperartsy Fresco Finish paints i used Tinned Peas, Professor Plum and Teresa Green.  Covered the hessian using a dry brush until i had enough coverage.


Then i added on some stenciling using some black paint and a dylusions stencil and some grunge paste through a harlequin stencil, with a touch of Teresa Green and then a dotty stencil with some more grunge paste with some Professor Plum added in.


Next i die cut Tim Holtz Umbrella Man with Green Felt and then stamped onto it with a Tim Holtz stamp and archival ink.  

Popped a bit of black paint around the edge and stuck it onto the page

I quite liked the effect the green felt added to the page and decided to die cut some letters or words out of the same felt!  Had decided to do letters, but then found a die I had sort of forgotten about and used that


Some of the letters didn't die cut terribly well so had to finish them of with the scissors.  I was really pleased with how it turned out.

As always please do let me know what you think.

Happy crafting

Debs
xx