Saturday, 19 September 2015

Ken Oliver Color Burst Guitar Card

Happy Weekend to you all

I hope it is as nice and sunny as it is here.  Today I have a quick post for you.  Its a quick and simple card i made for my husbands birthday.  As usual with family cards I left it to the last minute and made it yesterday afternoon - its his birthday today lol!!  Still he loved it and it was a bit of a different technique for me, one I saw used in a copy of Craft Stamper and thought I must have a go at.  I have to say I will be using this again it was so much fun! Plus it was nice and quick which was a big bonus as I had just finished it when my husband came in from work.  Nothing like cutting it fine.  Still it does get the adrenaline going and sometimes I find makes the old creative juices flow just that little bit smoother ;-)


The card itself is made out of a good weight watercolour paper.  This was vital as the blue and purple strip which extends around the back of the card was done with water on a paintbrush and then I applied Ultramarine Blue and Violet just in small amounts and let the water do its magic. First stamp your image twice once onto the card and once onto a post-it to use as a mask.  Once stamped image is dry I used Archival so it dried quite quickly, place mask over the top and with a brush and water paint your strip or pattern.  You do need to have plenty of water, don't completely soak the page but enough water to mix, it won't work properly otherwise, trust me lol!!  I must confess I did help it along a touch in places with the paintbrush but only to fill in a couple of places.  Once dry you can then if desire stamp on extra background stamping.  The stamps are from an Inkadinkado set I have had for a very long time!  The word stamps are from Avery Elle.

Sorry about the lack of photos today, but in my rush to get it finished I forgot lol!!

Thanks for popping in and hope you all have a wonderfully creative weekend 
As always please do let me know your thoughts

Debs
xx