Friday, 4 September 2015

Circles - PaperArtsy Challenge #16

I love the topics that Leandra and the PaperArtsy team come up with, and this one was certainly no exception. As soon as I saw the word circles a song popped into my mind.  Well actually if I am honest it was a line from a song. All I kept thinking was circles in my mind.  It didn't matter how many fab posts I read from the team at PaperArtsy. The initial post by Leandra had sparked off something.  For those of you who are already yelling at me the song title, yes it was Windmills of my mind by Michael Legrand.  For those of you who haven't got a clue what I am talking about it was the  theme music from The Thomas Crown Affair, which was a film that came out in 1968 (I was only five then so a bit too young to see the original but I did see the re-make a few years ago, which had Pierce Brosnan in the Steve McQueen role.  The song was a hit both by Noel Harrison who first sang the english version (it was originally recorded in french) and again a while later by Dusty Springfield.  A little bit of music and film trivia for you there lol!

So here is my journal page for the Circles challenge


 This one is a close up


Unfortunately I forgot to take any photos as i made the page.  So here is basically what i did and the products I used.  Dylusions paints with a dry brush to get the paint onto the pages.  Stamped loads of circle stamps onto magazine and book pages and cut out  (i quite literally went through my stash of stamps to find any that had circles on  the bike wheel one was take from a Kaisercraft penny farthing bike stamp and their are quite a few JOFY ones in there along with some from The Artistic Stamper.  The background was made up of any stencils i had with circles on - turns out i have quite a few of these as well ;-) The words were just printed off the laptop.

Having stuck the circles in place i then got out my white uniball pen, and drew circles around the circles.  Then with a black pen went around some of them again writing the words circles in a circle.  To finish it off i copied a couple of verses of the song around the edge of the page to make a border.

As always do let me know your thoughts, good, bad and indifferent!  Its always nice to get feedback no matter how critical or not it is.

Have a lovely crafty weekend
Debs
xx