Monday, 17 August 2015

Prima Mixed Media Journal Cover with Dylusions Sprays and ColourArte H2O's

Hi All

Hope you all had a good weekend, we certainly did, down here in sunny Herne Bay.  As we had our very own Air Show which was fabulous.  Anyway I digress  I have a low blood count at the moment which is making me rather tired and I have been instructed to take plenty of rest! More time in the craft room then I thought yippee!!  Surprisingly despite being tired the old creative juices certainly seemed to have been flowing and this will be the first of two posts today!!

Well over a year ago possible even nearer two I purchased a Prima Mixed Media Journal Cover complete with its lovely inserts and pages.  At the time i had every intention of doing something with it but just couldn't quite bring myself to do it.  Those pristine pages and the canvas resist covers were just too lovely to do anything with - well thats what I thought at the time!!  How wrong could I be.

I got everything out including my small stash of Prima Mechanicals, some added embellishments - namely watch parts that I had picked up from The Artistic Stamper and my Dylusions sprays!
I laid it all out how I thought I should have it.




You may have noticed that the bit in the top left hand corner looks a bit like a die well it was, but don't worry i did cut one out of grunge paper before I stuck it all down.


I also used some of the off cuts from the die to add some extra length down the bottom and painted it all with Fresco Finish Snowflake, I would normally have used gesso but was trying something out ;)
The mask was something i had made and didn't use on a previous project and I have been moving it around my desk for ages!!  The spiral is from the packet of watch parts I mentioned earlier.


Out came the Dylusions sprays I used Cherry Pie, Polished Jade, Lemon Zest, Squeezed Orange and Bubblegum Pink, and Melted Chocolate. 



I have found that once Dylusions hits Gesso and also white paint it tends to fade and become very pale, due to the transperancy of the sprays.  This can sometimes look lovely but I really wanted the embellishments to pop.  I also decided the top left hand corner looked a bit lonely!  So out came some more embellishments and i still had some bits left over from the die cut.  I also added H2o's in various colours to all of the embellishments


Added some Walnut Stain Distress Ink around the outside and then sprayed the back with the same colours.

As always do let me know your thoughts, your comments are always appreciated 

Thanks for looking
Debs
xx