Thursday, 16 July 2015

Quick Color Burst Card

Hi All

Thought i would share this card I have just made.  I needed a quick card as having returned from holiday last Friday rather jet lagged realised i needed to send one to my sister-in-law.

Unfortuantely as I was trying to be quick i didn't think about taking any step by steps.  Although the background and the flowers were all done using some papers i had been experimenting with a while ago.  I decided to try different types of paper to see if the effects changed.  The blue background was made using blue and pthalo green Color Burst on Chinese rice paper, this is designed for use with lots of water, but is also quite thin and absorbent.  The orange flowers were done on standard cold pressed watercolour paper.  The only real difference i could find was the difference in the white embossing.

I had initially stencilled Rangers embossing dabber through The Tim Holtz Flourish Layering Stencil with the intention of it being nice and white and raised.  However, i didn't take into account the properties of the rice paper, and how absorbent it is.  I did actually really like the way some of it has taken and some of it has soaked into the paper.  So much so that i ended up putting more flourishes on than i had originally planned.

The flowers and sentiment were done using the yellow, orange and red Color Burst on watercolour paper and then stamped on with Versamark and Wow white embossing powder.  The stamp was the flower off of last months Craft Stamper magazine.

So enough of my ramblings here it is.



The card edge was done with Mermaid Lagoon Distress ink.

As always do let me know your thoughts and if anybody would like to see a particular technique used do let me know and i will see what i can do.

Thanks for visiting and see you soon
Debs
xx