Monday, 30 March 2015

Spring is Coming. The Artistic Stamper Challenge

Here is my entry for The Artistic Stamper monthly challenge - Spring is coming.  I decided to take a slightly different angle for my entry.  I recently bought a bag of The Artistic Stamper stamps, all random stamps.  It was a little bit like one of those goody bags you used to get as a child, they had ones for boys and ones for girls but you didn't know what was in it until you opened it.  The only thing with those bags was that you normally ended up being disappointed lol!  Not so with a mystery bag of stamps, how could you go wrong?

In amongst my bag was two pillars a statue and the words Column and Arch, these are from the "Architecture" plate.  A spring challenge, mmm now what could I do that was slightly different.  Well if you put an "M" before Arch you have March so with that in mind and a roman feel i had an idea.  

Having just received the first two new distress colours i was itching to try them out.  So I sprayed the new coral and cracked pistachio distress stain sprays onto a journal page.  I thought it gave the page a sort Verdi Gris effect although that could just be my imagination!! Along with a new stencil again from The Artistic Stamper.  Let that dry and then out came some tissue tape (not quite sure why but I like it) and the grunge paste with an ivy stencil!  Quickly followed by some card, black archival ink and the aforementioned stamps.  I also used the Tim Holtz school house stencil and a craftersworkshop roman lettering one. I used my white pen to add accents to the pillars and around the ampersand from the stencil and also around the ivy and the title.  I used a black micro pen to draw in the ivy around the lettering. 

So here it is entitled "Beware the Ides of March". My entry for the Spring is coming challenge!


As always thank you so much for looking and do let me know what you think

Debs
Xx