Thursday, 19 March 2015

PaperArtsy Challenge #5 Deconstruction

As soon as I read Leandras post showing Julie Ann's amazing Amazon folder, I new exactly what I was going to deconstruct.  I had put a an Amazon packet in my craft room just a few days before along with an empty cracker box, a coffee, mustard and two jam jars!!  All things waiting to be altered but the inspiration from seeing Julie Anns folder (I must have missed it at Christmas) really got my brain ticking!! Out came the Fresco finish paints and my hands immediately went to the new Lin Brown special edition colours, Caribbean Sea, Bouganvilla, Tangerine Twist and Banana.  Oh the brightness and gorgeousness of those luscious colours!

So here it is

My folder.  I must confess. I did knock the colour back a bit with some snowflake, and I was really pleased with the way it turned out.  I put some grungepaste mixed with tangerine twist through a stencil on the right hand side and then just dabbed some Bougainvillea through another one.  Added a couple of embellishments and the ribbon is held together with a button.

Inside I decided to make the two packing flaps into a wallet and a flap.


Added on a bit of stamping with some hot picks and a stencil on the tangerine twist flap.

Having finished this, I couldn't stop so will do another post to show you what happened!!

Thanks for looking and as always do leave a comment

Debs
Xx