Tuesday, 3 March 2015

PaperArtsy challenge 4 Miniature Art

Having read Leandras  post introducing the new challenge on Miniature Art I realised it was high time that the pack of dominoes I have had in my stash for quite a few years were finally used!! I had bought them having been inspired by an article in Craft Stamper (which was probably the one Leandra was talking about lol). I quickly did some housework admittedly half hearted - it's difficult to dust and Hoover when you have creative thoughts running through your head!!  I also hadn't really tried miniature art before and I do love trying out a new technique!!

So out came the dominoes, I gave them a quick sand, and then popped on some fresco finish in stone.  I have some Prima mini stamps and had already decided (whilst hoovering) that these would be perfect for the dominoes, however having stamped straight onto the paint it all looked a tad flat.  I had used a small text stamp around the sides and decided to keep that, but paint over the front and back, so out came the claret fresco.  It was starting to look a bit better now, I have some lovely trinkets which I had picked up from The Artistic Stamper the day before so out they came followed by a paper clay frame I had made.  As the frame was paper clay I was able to cut it to fit the domino and painted it with Jade fresco.  

This is the front 

This is the back


And this is inside.

This was a piece of paper cut to fit the dominoes and folded to give nice concertina pages.  The word stamps are from a KaiserCraft set the flowers are from the Prima mini sets.  The ribbon was some I had in my stash.

The feet are made from flower trinkets, which took ages and ages to dry!!  I did get a bit carried away with the whole idea and whilst I was waiting for glue and paint to dry I have to confess some other miniature art was created and so I will do posts for each of them.

Thanks for looking and as usual do let me know what you think.