Sunday, 18 January 2015

Fragile Papers my entry into the Paperartsy Challenge

Having bought some waxed tissue from Paperartsy only last week I was thrilled to watch Leandras new video showing brayering onto none other than wax tissue.  So out came the brayer and fresco finish paints and here it is...


This challenge had a dual purpose as I was supposed to be making my nephews birthday card so the tag I have made for the challenge will be going onto a card later for his 16th birthday.  

This technique was such fun to try and just by brayering onto wax paper you really do get a lovely effect.  The was tissue was such a pleasure to use and I think I will be using it quite a bit in the future. I have had a great idea with mini rosette die and wax paper!!  

In Leandras video she finished off the piece by stamping in white to make the whole sheet lighter but as the colours I was using were not too dark I decided to omit that last bit and just carry on with the colours.  The stamp is from the artistic stamper, the stencil is crafters workshop mini harlequin with grunge paste coloured with a touch of toffee fresco finish. The embellishments are all Tim Holtz, the paints all fresco finish are Dusty Teal, Mermaid, Irish Cream, Toffee, French Toast and Stone.

As always do let me know what you think enjoy the rest of the weekend and hopefully will be posting something else in the week.

Debs 
Xx