Wednesday, 7 January 2015

First blog of the year and my entry to the Art Journalling Calendar challenge

Happy New Year and I hope you all had a lovely Christmas.  After I finally reclaimed my craft room (it was being used as a bedroom lol) I needed to play and having decided to be brave and enter more blog challenges this year I am starting with The Art Journalling Calendar Challenge.  

This page started with a clear gesso background with some texture added by a Tim Holtz texture tool and some left over bits of Tim Holtz tissue.  Then painted over or rather scraped paint over using an old Starbucks card!! (Any old credit card will do lol).  I had picked up the paints from The Artistic Stamper and was itching to use them. I just added random blocks of colour filling the page but leaving some white gaps ( I have to say I found this very hard as I don't normally like white space on my pages unless I have put it there with paint!!)  

The ovals for the days were cut out of my first Gelli print (guess what I got for Christmas) and using two lids both from the same skincare range just in different sizes.  I stamped over the paint with a selection of Artistic Stamper background stamps in black and white and then added the Dyan Reavley stamps as the page needed something bold!!  I was going to colour In the toadstalls but instead opted for the white spots only.  The flower in the top left corner was die cut out of a coloured baby wipe!  I have found that sometimes you only use one or two colours and the effect left on the dried out baby wipe after clearing up can be quite surprising and after all it is only ink or paint you have cleaned up with it.



Do let me know what your thoughts are, must go as have dinner to cook and two more challenges to enter.  Oh and I also need to figure out how to link my blog to Facebook lol!!  

Debs
Xx