Tuesday, 25 March 2014

Distress Paints, Fresco Finish paints and a brayer!!


I must say a big Thank you to the Paper Artsy team for there brilliant tutorials, I had been trying to find something in brayering backgrounds when up popped Ellen Vargo post a month or so ago.  Well that was me sorted! Ellen is inspirational, and thanks to her my brayers are now no longer discarded in the drawer but on my desk with all the other stuff I need out!!

I had a piece of card that I had been trying out an idea on which hadn't worked, and it seemed a shame to waste it ;-). So out popped the paints again with the brayer and I set to work laying down blocks and stripes of colour, again using the same colours as before, but this time with a dab of fresco finish caramel as well!

I added some Tim Holtz tape (which really should have gone on first).  Painted over that with a bit of peacock feathers distress stain - I am waiting for the paint to arrive!!  Added some stencilling in fresco finish sky, then cut the A4 pice of card in 4 more or less equal pieces!!

The lighter stencilling was done with white gesso mixed with a tad of spiced marmalade distress paint. Backed with some coredinations card and they are more or less ready to go on some cards now!

As always do let me have your comments.