Monday, 17 February 2014

Chocolate Baroque and Indigo Blu stamps, Flexmarkers and Distress stuff!

Me again!!  I was supposed to be concentrating on getting my sons scrapbook done, but ever since my new chocolate baroque steampunkery stamps arrived last week I have been itching to play with them.  It got to the point today that all I could think of was what I was going to do with the stamps.  The ideas were buzzing!!  Would they work I wandered, sometimes I have an idea which turns out awful and ends up in the bin.  There was only one thing to do and that was just to try out the ideas and see how they worked.

The main image of the stamp was inked in memento.  I put a mask over the top before adding the Indigo Blu gears.  The hat itself was coloured using Flexmarkers, and the clock in the middle and the winder at the top I painted with brushed pewter distress paint.  Because Distress paints are translucent anything stamped underneath shows thru so perfect!  The feather on the hat was coloured with flexmarkers, I had decided right from the start (after seeing Julie-Ann's latest PaperArtsy post) that I wanted the feather to stand out so I stamped it three times and then layered it on top.  To hide all this I used a couple of idea-ology mini gears.  The stamp itself has gears in that position.  I used bundled sage on the background with the mini tile crafters workshop mask on the main background and then with guacamole fresco finish on the main background!  I also used mini harlequin with tinned peas fresco finish.  The mesh is dry wall tape painted with brushed pewter. Hope you like it.