Monday, 24 February 2014
Hi Everyone This latest creation will be my first ever entry onto the Take It Make It Challenge, something i have looked at quite a bit but have not quite been brave enough to enter before. This time however the rewards are just too amazing not to at least have a go and what a good way to try out a new small stamp that i recently received. This card uses stamps from Chocolate Baroques Steampunkery Set and a Crafters Workshop stencil, all the colouring was done with either distress ink, paint or stain and a little glossy accents in the middle of the clock face, just helped to make the clock look a little more like it was actually flying through the skies!! As always do let me know what you think.
Monday, 17 February 2014
Me again!! I was supposed to be concentrating on getting my sons scrapbook done, but ever since my new chocolate baroque steampunkery stamps arrived last week I have been itching to play with them. It got to the point today that all I could think of was what I was going to do with the stamps. The ideas were buzzing!! Would they work I wandered, sometimes I have an idea which turns out awful and ends up in the bin. There was only one thing to do and that was just to try out the ideas and see how they worked.
The main image of the stamp was inked in memento. I put a mask over the top before adding the Indigo Blu gears. The hat itself was coloured using Flexmarkers, and the clock in the middle and the winder at the top I painted with brushed pewter distress paint. Because Distress paints are translucent anything stamped underneath shows thru so perfect! The feather on the hat was coloured with flexmarkers, I had decided right from the start (after seeing Julie-Ann's latest PaperArtsy post) that I wanted the feather to stand out so I stamped it three times and then layered it on top. To hide all this I used a couple of idea-ology mini gears. The stamp itself has gears in that position. I used bundled sage on the background with the mini tile crafters workshop mask on the main background and then with guacamole fresco finish on the main background! I also used mini harlequin with tinned peas fresco finish. The mesh is dry wall tape painted with brushed pewter. Hope you like it.
Wednesday, 12 February 2014
I first stenciled the mini doily in antique linen distress paint. This creates a fantastic resist, if you haven't used this technique before it dries completely flat, unlike most resists which tend to be raised. I then inked the background with scattered straw and wild honey inks. Dried them off with a heat gun. Then stenciled the mini butterfly meadow over the top with weathered wood. I was trying to achieve a sun rising in the background sort of effect - think it might have just worked. What do you think?
Sunday, 9 February 2014
I received a small(ish ;-) ) box of new goodies yesterday from PaperArtsy. Delivery can take a while to get here in China so the anticipation of a box of goodies arriving gets rather exciting by the time it arrives - it can take up to three weeks!! Yesterday my box contained some more fresco finish paints ( which by the way are fabulous and work really well with distress paints, inks and stains) I digress - and also my first stash of treasured gold and some grunge paste. Having watched several of Leandra from PaperArsty's video. I had to have a quick play this afternoon and this is what I have come up with so far............
It's not quite finished yet and hopefully at some point this week ( I am still working on my sons scrapbook) it will be put on a card. It needs a little bit more, but I am quite pleased with how it's turning out. The stamp was from today's delivery which was a box of Chocolate Baroque goodies the flower is from their punky flower stamp set. Something else I really need to play with. So much to do so little time .............. Watch this space!
After a few days away at the Harbin ice and snow festival here in China, which is why the lack of postings this week!! It was a bit cold up there but well worth a visit. If anybody would like to see pictures let me know otherwise I won't bore you!! I was in the need to get on, with my sons and best friends birthdays both on the same day and in a couple of weeks - this means two cards and a scrapbook (it's my sons 18th!)
This card needed to be really special as it is for my best friend, fortunately she doesn't know I have a blog yet, so I can put it on.
I first used scattered straw and pickled raspberry distress paint and layering stencils for the background of both the main card and the tag. This then acts as a resist against the distress inks. Then used just scattered straw, rusty hinge and peacock feathers inks to blend in the background. Once I had done that, it still needed a little more dimension so used the sunburst layering tag with spiced marmalade paint over the top. The sentiment was stamped in pickled raspberry paint as the mini dots in the background were.
The damask background was just clear embossed and stamped with Tim Holtz damask stamp and then I used peacock feather stain over the top! I used some Chinese handmade paper at the back and stamped and embossed the letters and numbers onto a separate sheet and then cut and stuck!!