Wednesday, 15 January 2014

Fresco finish paints, paper artsy stamps and a general play!

At the weekend I received my first batch of fresco finish paints from paperartsy.  If you have not used them or heard of them they are a chalk finish paint from  UK based PaperArtsy.  I kept seeing them in magazines, web etc and decided it was time to give them a go.  They are just fab, the colours are gorgeous and the delivery to me here in China was just excellent.  I have yet to try them with distress paints but as they work well with distress inks I don't really seeing that being a problem.  PaperArtsy have loads of tutorials on YouTube and having watched a couple of Leandras tutorials I am well and truly hooked!  Here is a tag I made using the paints and some PaperArtsy stamps.  The stamps are from the Hot picks range  - Hot picks 1006 and are just so great to stamp with.  Apart from the harlequin pattern which is from a crafters workshop mask the rest is all from PaperArtsy.  Once the paints dry they are so smooth.  The blending is so easy with just a dab of paint and a piece of cut and dry foam - but using the reverse side, I.e not the white side.  The background stamping was done with peacock feather distress ink, which works really well with the Bora Bora and Mermaid paints.
tt